We’ve been home for good (I’m mean REAL good, no more trips forever and ever) about 2 weeks. I’m not going to lie…it’s been a hard adjustment! Part of me craves a schedule, order, a LIST, the PRE-Sabbatical Joleen!! The other part of me wants to enjoy and hang on to the mustard seed size “type b” personality I started to develop over the summer. Oh what to do…. I did what I do best. I MADE A LIST!! That was fun. 47 items long and it felt good. I even added extra things that I had already done just so I could check it off! I know I’m not the only one that does that, right?
Anyway, one of the items I needed to get done today was to call a tree doctor. It turns out every one of the trees on our lot has some kind of moth or bore, and my maple needs a lot of TLC (and deep-root iron treatments)! While I was making the rounds with “Alan”, I soon discovered a mama robin lying in the grass. Apparently my dog had already discovered her. At this point I screamed, grabbed and hid behind all 5ft 2in of said tree doctor. He valiantly protected me, all the while continuing his lecture on the benefits of his company and my need to hire them to fix my sick and dying trees blah, blah, blah. He then sealed the deal when he ever so kindly offered to do “free” bird removal, stating it would make a mighty fine dinner for him and the Mrs.! We’ll be eating vegetarian tonight and maybe for the rest of my life, amen.
1 comment:
You have GOT to be kidding. They each ate, what, a nugget sized portion? YUCK!
Post a Comment