Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Labor Day Weekend - Trip to Utah

We spent the long 4 day holiday weekend in Utah.  Jake wanted to firm some things up for school next year at  BYU (no, he's not been accepted...YET) and I wanted to go to "Swiss Days" to hear my favorite yodeler of all time (Kerry Christensen) perform! We were able to catch BYU football team's opener against Washington State.  It was so fun to get caught up in all the cougar craze!! Blue and White everything...including hair! And oh the face paint...:)
   
  •  We had a little cousin time.....These are Beth's 2 kids with Jonah.
  •  We toured the inside of the temple with the family during the Brigham City Temple Open House. It's beautiful inside. I was so happy to be able to take the younger kids with us to enjoy the tour. Right before we went for the tour, we went out for dinner at a steakhouse called "Maddox Ranch House". I'm not a huge red meat lover, but that was the BEST steak I've ever had! Hands down! And as we were leaving I looked across the parking lot and saw why.  Their steaks are fresh, I mean REALLY fresh.  About 500 yards from the restaurant was their cattle lot... :/ eewww!
  •  We got to walk around and see all the handmade crafts at "Swiss Days". Can you believe that this was the only picture I took there? Really! Jake and Jonah in knit 'Beard-o' hats. O brother!
  •  We also grabbed a couple of shots for Jake's senior pictures. I can't believe I have a senior!
 We had a fantastic trip!  Nannie and Papa, you are so good to us! We love you! Now unfortunately,  we are back into the swing of things at home....ugh! We've been back for a week and the kids are still trying to play catch-up.  :)


No comments: